- This policy covers how Matthews treats personal information that Matthews collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Matthews products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Matthews do not own or control, or to people that Matthews do not employ or manage. In addition, certain Matthews associated companies may have their own privacy statements which can be viewed by visiting their websites.
Information Collection and Use:
- Matthews collect personal information when you register with Matthews, when you use Matthews products or services, when you visit Matthews pages or the pages of certain Matthews partners. Matthews may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some products and services we may also ask for your address and information about your company. Once you register with Matthews and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Matthews collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of the products and services that we offer.
- Matthews automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Matthews cookie information, and the page you request.
- Matthews use information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Matthews do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Matthews under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Matthews communicate with you about offers from Matthews and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Matthews work with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. For more information regarding providers of products or services that you've requested please read our detailed reference links.
- Matthews may set and access Matthews cookies on your computer.
- Matthews let other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Matthews's cookies.
- Matthews use web beacons to access Matthews cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Matthews products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences:
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Matthews service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and any Matthews Newsletters, that are considered part of your Matthews account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Matthews may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Matthews account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
- Paul Myers
- Matthews International Corporation
- Two NorthShore Center
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212-5851
Effective Date: July 15th, 2009.